Ten quick things you can do from home or workplace to support our campaign:
- Add your name to the petition against security certificates at harkatstatement.com.
- Join and link facebook.com/SupportMahjoub to your website and social media pages.
- Ask your organization to endorse our campaign (see demands here). To endorse, email the name of your organization to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Encourage your friends to help pack the court during public hearings.
- Promote our events to your friends and networks.
- Invite Justice for Mahjoub Network to come talk to your organization about security certificates and how this campaign is part of a broader fight against unjust immigration and police practices in a context of Islamophobia and racism.
- Write your own statement against security certificates and share it with your networks.
- Download and distribute our flyers to your friends, colleagues and neighbours.
- Distribute, by email or facebook or twitter, the petition at harkatstatement.com to your friends and colleagues. You can also print a copy of the petition to distribute by hand.
- Donate. Our work relies entirely on donations and volunteer work. Cheques should be made out to “The Justice for Mahjoub Network”. Mail to Justice for Mahjoub Network c/o No One Is Illegal-Toronto, 260 Queen Street West, PO Box 60006, Toronto, ON M5V 1Z8.
Thanks for your solidarity!